Thursday, May 31, 2007

Moving On

I'm trying to get back into a positive frame of mind again after our disappointment with our Round Attempt. I tried to exorcise some of the demons by running the Wednesday night mountain race last night and it went well considering I had almost 20 hours of running in my legs from last Saturday so "all is good" as Grace likes to say.


I bought this dress on line (the one pictured above) for a wedding Thursday week. My first clothing purchase on line I think. I can just about squeeze into it and considering I'm tiny I was a bit surprised! Now all I need are accessories. I'm considering green shoes. I also have gold sandals which look beautiful with the colour but cos I have muscly legs I can look like I have pole dancer legs in very high heels (you know when people who wear heels all the time develop muscly calves?). Anyway enough of that.....

Speaking of on-line purchases I made my first e-bay purchase too. I bought 45 metres of this sisal rope stuff for our newly built deck. The intention is for it to look like this:




I have two weeks off now from work after tomorrow so intend making the most of the time and trying to sort out the garden.

The kids we're going to be fostering are meeting with their social worker today and she should be showing them pictures of us and our house and the rooms we've done up for them. We should be meeting them for the first time in the next few weeks with them moving in early July. I've handed in my notice to work, which was easier than I thought, so finishing up at the end of June.

Anyway no racing for me this weekend, I'd love to be heading off to run Carrantouhil but with Grace's exams starting on Wednesday I need to be at home this weekend and not heading to Kerry. Good luck to anyone doing the Women's Mini Marathon!

15 comments:

Itsnopicknick said...

Dagnamit! It lost my comment. I said you must look amazing in that dress, being so fit and small and all that. Think both shoes would go well with it and runner's legs are NOTHING to be ashamed of. Your deck looks amazing btw!

So sorry about the disastrous Wicklow Round, especially after all the training you did. Think we need to see a pic of your trenchfoot!!!

aquaasho said...

hey Spoon. I'll have to get something done with the dress so that I can actually breath on the day of the wedding and also eat lots! That deck photo is from our holiday home in the sunny south of Ireland (how middle class are we with 2 homes?!) I'm hoping to spend lots of time there when the kids arrive.
I have no trenchfoot pictures! I also have no toe nails left, well a few black/ blue ones only (so fake toe nails will be required for the wedding if I want to wear sandals!!).

Ellen said...

Love the dress Aisling. Lovely neckline and colour.

That's a good idea, the roping. It looks great on your summer home.

Enjoy the wedding and good luck to your Daughter with her exams.

aquaasho said...

Thanks Ellen, I was inspired to post about the dress after your lovely romantic story the other day!

Dan said...

I have two weeks off now from work after tomorrow

I came over from Spoon's! You are SO LUCKY! Can I have some of your vacation time? Please! Pretty please? Pretty please with whipped cream on top?

You're very sweet and kind to foster children, by the way. Hugs to you for that.

Mick said...

I could do with muscley calves for the Jungfrau. Maybe I should try high heels. (Only joking - Bloke Disclaimer)

Midget Wrangler said...

I'd say you have a real kylie thing going on in the dress! I've a pink dress for the wedding I'm going to in July and I have to wear my corset under it so I won't be eating.....liquid diet only:-}
I'm sure Grace will do great, you sound very down to earth and supportive which is all any parent can do. Good luck meeting the kiddies! I'ts kinda like your due date!

aquaasho said...

Dan my vacation time will be permanent from the end of June and so you are welcome to lots! Will send some by post to you without any further ado. Hugs to you too!

Mick is there something you want to tell us, we're all friends here it's ok......

MW If I could fit some serious body-shaping underwear under the dress I would but as it is I can't breath!! And Grace will be grand. She is going to the wedding aswell and her dress is altogether much more grown up than mine.
http://www.warehouse.ie/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=3768

Itsnopicknick said...

SOooooo middle class!
Maybe it's better to leave the foot picture out, don't wanna be put off my food!

aquaasho said...

I don't think I'll be posting pictures of healthy feet, so don't worry!!

Journey to a Centum said...

Please no foot pictures! Michelle has posted a bunch of nasty post marathon pics of her feet and it's just not right.

I'm still knackered from last weeks run. I have not been able to get a lot of rest. 34 miles tomorrow and then I'll try to back off a bit.

I'm sure the dress will be a big hit at the wedding.

Cheers!

fatmammycat said...

Go with the gold and be proud of those legs, you earned 'em!

aquaasho said...

Eric I can't tell with the time difference if you have done your 34 miles yet but if you haven't good luck! And I promise no feet pictures!

FMC thanks for the advice! I still can't fit into the dress though!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ahesaranaq.digitalzones.com/muvafu.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]