Tuesday, May 08, 2007

24 hours of flickr


I decided to take part in the 24 hours of flickr (May 5th) and document my day on Saturday from getting up, driving to Wicklow, running up lots of mountains for 8 and a half hours, car getting broken into, dinner at the mother in laws and home to Grace. That just about sums it all up.



The 8 and a half hours running was the best bit! Bits of walking/ navigating/ stopping in the pub in Drumgoff for a lucozade (trying not to stand too close to ordinary folk as I was pretty stinky at that stage).



Anyway I took tonnes of photos. The mountain ones will all look the same to most people but the idea was to document for ourselves the various summits we had to reach so that when we apply to do the Wicklow Round attempt we have an idea of the splits (times between each summit).
The rest of the weekend was spent decorating, oh how unbelieveably shite that was. I am so sick of painting. It looks like our 'new arrivals' will be coming at the end of June (not January, as typed earlier!). (Here and here is what that's all about). At least now the house is finally coming together, with the major rooms all ready for occupation! Now all I have to do is give up work.....

5 comments:

Itsnopicknick said...

You HAVE been busy!!!! Glad I wasn't the person standing next to you in the pub after 8 hours on the trot!

Itsnopicknick said...

You HAVE been busy!!!! Glad I wasn't the person standing next to you in the pub after 8 hours on the trot!

aquaasho said...

So have you, your holiday sounded great! and yes I was incredibly stinky and getting very funny looks....

Mick said...

Looks like we have a similar taste in shoes (never thought I'd say that to a woman!). Is that a pair of Salomons beneath all that mud?

Great photos of your day out. I was decorating while you were out (and vice versa by the sound of things).

aquaasho said...

Yes Mick, I love my Salomons! And that's the one photo I submitted to Flickr to symbolise my day!

And just like you, more decorating after my run. At this stage I would rather saw off my arm than pick up a paintbrush, I'm that sick of it. But it's all done for now! Yay!