Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Heart Blogger


I was explaining over at Wednesday Night Runners the problems I was having with flickr, wordpress and three and my mobile blogging. It seems mad that you can't mobile blog direct to wordpress without going through flickr? I had so many problems with various things, not all about wordpress or flickr or three but a combination of all of them.

So I'm sticking with blogger. All I did was take a photo on my phone, send it to blogger and they set up the blog and the whole lot. Completely painless. I'm about a week trying to sort it out elsewhere. There's also no issue with titles and the text of the post with blogger whereas flickr just seemd to disregard all the text that I sent with the photo.

So here's the new website for our Wicklow Round attempt.
Lots of test photos will follow until our attempt on Friday night begins. Then I will hopefully be sending photos live from the wicklow hills and friends and family can track our progress!

12 comments:

Ellen said...

I'll be watching. Hope you manage it!

aquaasho said...

Thanks Keynoter! I left a comment on your blog once but I don't think it appeared (Maybe I hit the wrong button!?!)
Love your art!

Journey to a Centum said...

It will be fun to watch and see if your coherency drops as you add distance. Get good night of sleep before this and have a great time!

aquaasho said...

Thanks Eric! I'm not coherent at the best of times!! It'll actually be a good "days" sleep tomorrow as we're starting at 2am (Friday night/ Saturday morning) and I'm gonna take the day off work...happy days.

Ellen said...

Thanks for your note aisling. I see you are in construction. I was a technicial engineer in the telecom fibreoptic field for my sins until baby nunber two arrived! It's great working with men. Not so much bitching and more crack, what do you say?

aquaasho said...

Absolutely Ellen couldn't agree more! I've loved working mainly with men. Every issue we had with each other was just brought onto the table at every tea break. We all sat together and any differences were just hammered out there and then. No place for thin skins! Loved the dirty jokes and hated the football talk! They're a surprisingly honest and sensitive bunch when they got going.....(I don't mean that in a patronising way, I just mean that with women I worked with, I would have to know them for years before we'd have conversations about their husbands or kids).

Mick said...

You'll hopefully be getting some kip now ready for the big event and by the time you read this you'll have done it, so I hope it all went to plan. Should have had plenty of rain to cool you down.

aquaasho said...

Thanks Mick. You're right, I'm spending the day in bed as preparation! I only move to eat and check the internet. Heaven!

Omaniblog said...

My eye was caught by Aisling's "I've loved working mainly with men..." and what she said after than about the differences between conversations among men and women.

I hope, Aisling, you won't mind me quoting you, if I find myself in a conversation about this sort of stuff.

Omaniblog said...

I'm sorry you had such awful weather for the Wicklow Round. This is the first I've hear about Wicklow Round. It sounds like a great thing.

aquaasho said...

Thanks Omani, we're very disappointed. My husband and I were very eager to continue but there was a safety issue with only 2 continuing in such harsh territory. Very little of the route is on established track, it's all open mountain and bog really. Still a bit raw today and the tears are still going...

aquaasho said...

You can qoute me anytime Omani, what an honour from a poet!
The few women I know who work mostly with women, and of course Ellen's comments above, seem to agree.