Friday, May 11, 2007

and yet more running......


Lots more running this weekend; should be the last weekend of serious running before our attempt on the Wicklow Round. We reckon it's at least 120k and it will probably take the gang of 5 of us about 24 hours. We plan on starting at about 2am so finishing hopefully the following midnight. It's probably the best time of year to attempt it as the weather is good, days are long, heather is short etc. etc. Lots of people have offered logistical support along the way which is great and we will really need it and appreciate it.
So early tomorrow morning we will head off for about another 8 hours on the hills. Forecast isn't great so will be carrying jackets, spare gear etc. and need lots of water for 8 hours.
Sunday then will be back on the hills with a gang to run legs 3 and 4 of the Wicklow Way relay. This should take about 2 hours and finish in Glendalough. I love all runs that finish in Glendalough. I love lashing in at the end, barging through all the tourists who get in your way on the tracks!!
Wednesday night's mountain race went well for me so was in good form for my day off work yesterday. Carpet delivered and done by 8am, shopping in the morning, 10 mile run in the evening and baked apple crumble for after dinner last night and it was yum. When I give up work I can see myself eating all day which won't be good for my running at all!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm clearly not the only one who has been busy since the ultra. Your plan for the Wicklow Rounds sounds fantastic. I wish I could do something like that one day.

aquaasho said...

Thomas I see you have been busy on other things......Lucky you!
;-)