Wednesday, May 09, 2007

oooh i've been tagged.....


I've never been tagged before so this is a blogging first for me. Spoon from It's No Picknick is the person responsible.

Alphabet Scoop Meme

Available or single: Very married.

Best friend: Audrey, from school, although I don’t see her that much!

Cake or pie: Oh the choice would kill me, I would have to have both.

Drink of choice: H2O

Essential item: Trainers

Favourite colour: Pink

Gummi Bears or Worms: Worms, they make me smile when I think of Phil and Lil liking worms in the Rugrats.

Hometown: Dublin, never lived anywhere else.

Indulgence: Eddie Rockets Kit Kat Ice Cream dessert. The yardstick by which all desserts are judged.

January or February: January, February, like me, is too short.

Kids: Yes, one daughter.

Life is incomplete without: Goals

Marriage date: September 9th 2001, 2 days before 911.

Number of siblings: Eleven, yes 11. Very Irish Family. And I'm the youngest.
Oranges or apples: Oranges, even the tinned ones are good.

Phobias/fears: Heights. Which explains why I’m going rock climbing Sunday week, thanks to Karen. Scary stuff......

Quote, favorite: Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. Albert Einstein

Reasons to smile: getting what you want ;-)

Season: Summer, I love to tan even though I know I shouldn’t!

Tag three: I doubt I have that many readers, but if you read this consider yourself tagged, please.

Unknown fact about me: At the moment I only have 6 toe nails.

Vegetarian or oppressor of animals: bacon and cabbage, yum yum

Worst habit: I have no patience.

X-rays or ultrasounds: Ultrasound sounds serious, I’ll go with ultrasound.

Your favorite foods: Banana-walnut-oat muffins(my own home made recipe!), fish and chips, superquinn sausages on fresh superquinn bread rolls and my all time favourite Fruit Pastilles – I’ve had 8 packs in the last 3 days.

Zodiac: Sagitarius

4 comments:

Journey to a Centum said...

Could you arrange to deliver some of the Banana-walnut-oat muffins & some Fruit Pastilles to Washington State in the USA? Those sound really really good!

I popped over from Thomases blog and see that you are an ultra runner. Flickr looks like a fun run!

Let me know when you are baking your next batch of muffins!

aquaasho said...

Hey JTAC
Thanks for your comment. I will send you a recipe, the muffins are rocket fuel for running!
I'm in awe of your Western States 100 adventure (only 42 days to go?!) Will watch your blog for news.
Isn't it great that your wife runs too. I find that helps with me and Tony because if you're heading out for a 9 hour training run it would be difficult for your partner to appreciate if they didn't run too!

Journey to a Centum said...

AQUAASHO,

Wow, that would be great if you can send the recipe! Here's my email - emwrbarnes@comcast.net

Yep four weeks of hard training and two weeks of taper and I'm off to the biggest (longest) race of my life. Michelle my wife will be my crew chief extraordinair! It's been a long time coming and I'm more than ready for 5:00AM on 6/26/07 to come so I can start this adventure. I've been joking that when I finish I'm going to go to the nearest Lazy Boy store and purchase a big cushy chair to spend the rest of my life in front of the television in. But then there is the Cascade Crest Classic 100M here in Washington in July. And I would be in shape and everything. This truly is an obsession;-)

aquaasho said...

Ooh that chair sounds good Eric. People think runners are so disciplined but in reality I think we run so we can eat what we want and sit around when we're not running! Your adventure sounds like something you'll remember forever but I doubt you'll stop there!