Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I'm still off work and the weather is good......

Grace started her Junior Cert this morning and so far she's happy. She doesn't like English so at least she has that out of the way first. (Second paper this afternoon).
Thankfully she'll still be going to the wedding tomorrow after her exams, as she only has CSPE on Friday morning (that's Civics to you and me).

And I got my nails back this morning, thanks to the wonders of gel technology. Oh I feel so girly again, short nails just aren't me, I can now type again!

I was blogging over at Team Geared Up about the fact that's it's the perfect time to start training for this years Dublin Marathon. The beginning of June is roughly twenty weeks from marathon Monday so if you're thinking about it there's training plans in this months edition of the Irish Runner magazine.
It's 4 years since I did my first.

Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

Ellen said...

Good luck to Grace with her exams. Enjoy the wedding!

aquaasho said...

Thanks Ellen! I still haven't got a dress that I actually fit into! I'm still pondering that one...

Bock the Robber said...

They're so grown-up these days. My fella started the Junior Cert too and I've been crying all day.

Ah, no, actually. I haven't. That was a lie. Sorry.

Midget Wrangler said...

enjoy the wedding aisling, and I hope you got the shoes you wanted! Grace will be grand, as i said before she's lucky to have a mum like you.

aquaasho said...

Bock, good luck to Bock Jnr. I've had a few laughs already at some of her English exam answers so hopefully there'll be more laughs than tears all round (I'm sure you didn't shed any tears, really).

MW Thanks, will enjoy the wedding!

Journey to a Centum said...

The Dublin Marathon sounds like fun! I've got Iceland on my radar in the next two years. Perhaps Dublin will find it's way onto my "things to do" list.

Hope the exams all go well!

Eric

aquaasho said...

Thanks Eric for the good wishes I will pass them on to grace. And Dublin's a great marathon, well worth putting on your list!

http://www.adidasdublinmarathon.ie/

Anonymous said...

Hope Grace's exams are going well, it's funny we stressed so much about these exams but now I look back on them as kind of a fun time. I'm sure I'd get a smack if I said that to a Junior Cert student though :D

I've been thinking about signing up to walk the Dublin Marathon. I've tried running in the past and just don't enjoy it but I love walking. Haven't quite made the plunge and committed to it yet.

aquaasho said...

Thanks Claire, will pass on the good wishes to Grace, she's doing fine! If she is stressing it doesn't show!
You should definitely give the Dublin Marathon a go! Some people walk it in about 8 hours I think. There may be some walkers let start early too?