Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back to Blog

Thanks for all your comments about the trip to France. I was disappointed with my run but glad of the opportunity to be there. It was a great bunch to be with and we enjoyed it. I had been unwell last week and maybe that took it's toll a little but who knows. If you're legs don't move fast enough that's all there is to it, no excuses.

Fiona, Aisling, Trish and Alwynne
That's me, no. 132 with Fiona, Trish and Alwynne. they're clouds below us, the photo was taken at the finish after the race (God I look grumpy!)

Myself and Tony had a great day together, just the two of us, on Monday. Half the day in bed half the day eating out in a quiet pub reading the paper, what could be better? ;-)

While I was away Tony and good friend Gary were making histoy by being the first people ever to complete the Wicklow Round; a journey of 27 peaks through Wicklow taking them 33 hours and 56 minutes. Our previous attempt had not been successful and I was sad to miss out on this one but so unbelievably delighted for them. I know how hard it was. More blogging about that here.
I haven't heard how the wedding cake went down but hopefully all went well for Audreys big day! It was great the L* (the 11 year old) was able to help me with it and she was there when Audrey came to pick it up so she saw how happy Audrey was with it.
The big moving in day for the fosterinos is tomorrow. I actually think it will go well with very few tears because the move has been slowly staged and well managed. I think the biggest tears will be from the other foster mother!

I'm just catching up with all the blogs now. Loving reading them all, getting round to writing stuff yourself is the time consuming bit isn't it?

13 comments:

Thomas said...

You know, if I ever qualify for the European Championship in Mountain Running (not likely) and come 59th (even less likely), I'll be ecstatic.

You see, bad races are relative. What will leave you disappointed would be unbelievable for the rest of us. I've seen you run up the Hell of the West, and if you ran anything like that then it was mightily impressive.

Mick said...

If I ever manage to run at 7kph up a 16% gradient for over an hour I'll be disappointed (not). Bloody good run. Well done.

fatmammycat said...

What you achieved is beyond brilliant, and you should be rightly proud of yourself. And I hope tomorrow goes without a single hitch. I'l be thinking of you.
(you do look most cranky in that photo)

Mick said...

I'd look cranky too if we'd all agreed to wear knickers and everyone else turned up in shorts!

Ellen said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip to France. Wow, you look great. Not a pick on you!!

Good luck with the moving in which has probably happened by now.

My sister reads your blog now too and she thinks you are a Superwoman. Me too!!!

aquaasho said...

Thanks Thomas, it wasn't half as much fun as the Hell of the West!

Mick I think it was only 12 percent gradient which is virtually flat so I should have been flying! ;-)


FMC the grumpy face is gone. Me and the fosterinos are, at this very moment, unpacking. Life doesn't get much better!

Mick I loved those knickers! I wouldn't care if they all wore long johns I'd still be in me knickers!

Hi Ellen, hope you enjoyed your hols. The kids are unpacking all their stuff now and they have lots! Hi to Ellen's sister!

Midget Wrangler said...

I'm delighted for you, are your fosterinos a boy and girl? I'm thinking the boy is 11? if this is the case we should have a play date. I know the idea of it makes me sick too... the whole "playdate" thing is weird but my guy is nine and he loves older boys. hope it's going well, the fact that the weather is crap has been such a bummer!

aquaasho said...

Hi Midge, The boy is 5 and the girl is 11. Would love a "playdate" sometime. Still find it hard to know how to occupy them but I'm heading to Wexford till Wednesday. That's why I'm up late getting my fix of all the blogs cos I will be away from it for a while!

Midget Wrangler said...

I'm off to the states on Monday, when i get back though lets have a Playdate...my little guy is nine, and my young one (:-}) is three and a half, they'd have a ball, it's hard to find things to do sometimes! We've baked every second day since it's started raining! That and Dundrum, funny thing is I love the rain and the puddles, they are the ones who complain!

aquaasho said...

Hope you enjoy your trip! Although you will miss the kids, esp. the little one, try and savour every minute!

Definitely meet for a play date! Looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/index43.html]how much to mail order bride[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/best-of-mail-order-brides.html]best of mail order brides[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/elle-russian-ladies.html]elle russian ladies[/url] [url=http://gallery.veafoorea.ru/naked-russian-women-in-the-snow.html]naked russian women in the snow[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

need to take a look [url=http://moourl.com/vkj4x]Nice.[/url]

just gimme some help and a click i get 1 more