Monday, July 02, 2007

Catching Up with Myself

Audreys hen night was Friday. Photos to follow when flickr or my phone company get their act together. At least I got to go to the hen night. (Was blogging before about missing the wedding, small matter of a race in France).

We drove down to Cork on Saturday to see They Never Froze Walt Disney as part of the Cork Midsummer Festival. It was a two person play and the man in it had one of thos faces that could portray emotion with the slightest movement. He was incredible, you could watch him all day. He also had one of those voices that you could hear a mile away even when he whispered. We both loved it.

We headed to Cork City Sports then, I haven't been able to post photos to flickr from my phone yet. Don't know what's up there but I'd say it's flickrs' fault as it's never happened before. Anyway Saturday night we had a Chinese in Wexford and spent the night there. Oh to be kiddy free and spend the weekend in white jeans.

All is moving along really well with the "fosterinos" as Midget Wrangler has christened them. they had their first overnight last Thursday and that was fine. We fully expected a few strops from the 5 year old. You know the kind of strops that two year olds have just to see what they can get away with and we seemed to survive them so the visits since have been easier. They stay for two nights later this week so it's getting closer to full moving in day, July 12th. They seem happy in general. The 11 year old loves doing things that are crafty and project based which I think is brilliant. It's great that not all kids are obsessed with MTV and computer games!

And today involved getting wet and mucky in Marlay Park as we tried to play in the playground for the 25 seconds between each torrential shower. They also met Tony's Mum and Dad who are lovely and the kids thought they were great so all is good so far.

Not gonna blog about running this time....

7 comments:

Dan said...

Wow! That play about Disney sounds totally interesting! I wonder how that rumor got started -- that he was cryogenically frozen? Because it's totally untrue.

Did they say in the play?

aquaasho said...

Hi Dan! Yes they said it was untrue! It was funny cos there was a couple of kids there thinking the play was for children! Poor sods left after about 10 minutes.

fatmammycat said...

That's terrific about the children being so relaxed and comfy for their stay over.
Say, were you running across Tempelogue Bridge this evening, dressed in black, running with a chap? 'bout 7:30? Cos if it wasn't you then I rally need to stat wearing glasses (which might actually be the case).

aquaasho said...

Yeah that was me! And Tony! Were you out running yourself at the time? I normally say hi to all runners whether I know them or not!

fatmammycat said...

I was driving, so by the time I went 'hey that looks like..' I was almost down to the lights. (note speedy reaction time, snarf).
Next time I'll yell or beep, or if I'm running I'll just wave while I try not to vomit.

Midget Wrangler said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all,the fosterinos won't be able to keep up with you! they must be delighted to have all this attention focused on them!

aquaasho said...

FMC I'll be watching out for you next time!
MW the fosterinos will be worn out!