Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday....

It's been a little crazy, lots happening with the kids; stressful things that take up lots of your thoughts. At least running gets me out on my own and clears the head. Training's going fine, doing tonnes of running/ swimming/ lifting weights but feeling tired mostly. I think I'm at the stage I always reach in every marathon training where I just wanna get the damn thing over with. I've done the training already, let's "bring it on". But of course I have another month to go. I always, at this stage, say things like "I want this training/ marathon over with and I want my life back" and then as soon as it is actually over, I go and enter the next one.

We had our annual family weekend away last week in Ballinasloe (by family I mean my siblings, I'm the youngest of 12). In order to get my long run out of the way I got Tony to turf me outta the car 20 miles from Ballinasloe (before Athlone) and I ran the rest of the way. It meant the weekend could be more enjoyable. It also meant I had 20 miles facing into a headwind (and sleet and snow and hail showers but that's the west for ya!)

Since I blogged last I've been to the blog awards, great fun! Met loads of people. Really enjoyed it! All I wanted was a photo in the TGU t-shirt and here it is.

Kids are now off for two weeks which will drive me mental cos I won't have the freedom to zip off to the gym each morning so there'll have to be a couple of days when I get up at 6am and go then. Just to keep me sane. My training plans for the year are possibly changing but more about that later.....

Happy Friday and St. Patrick's Weekend

6 comments:

Bonn said...

Do all the kids go with you too. I think family holidays are a great idea, even though there's always some scrape or another.

aquaasho said...

Yeah kids 'n' all Milan. Four generations at the last one.

Jo said...

I can't imagine what that's like Aisling! That or a 20 mile run in the snow and sleet and rain. You're amazing.

aquaasho said...

Hey Jo! I actually like running in the rain. Strangely childlike and liberating!

The Hangar Queen said...

I with you on the running in the rain.You get to the point where you can't get any wetter and then you may as well go and enjoy it.

Not sure about 20 miles of it though.I'm in awe.

Raging I didn't see you at the bloggies btw.It was a great night though.

aquaasho said...

Hey Devin! I missed loads of people at the awards, too shy and sober I think! I'm in awe of your blog lately, very james Bond...stealth bombers and secrets...