Monday, October 22, 2007

Busy Weekend of Racing!


I swore I was gonna take it easy till about December but I couldn't resist! I did an adventure race on Saturday as a team of 4. A standard adventure race involves mountain biking, mountain running and canoeing (there are variations), all with navigation., You're given co-ordinates and you have to go find controls at them, like a treasure hunt.
Basically I'm no good at navigation, rubbish at canoeing and a complete wuss on the mountain bike and unfortunately for my team mates there was very little running but I really enjoyed it anyway. It's a team thing and you have to look out for each other and work together. We had some problems but that's all in the nature of adventure racing. I was blogging about it over at Team Geared Up and at Wednesday Night Runners.
I then did a cross country in Phoenix Park, well we had to go out there anyway as one of the kids was running a race so I thought "what the hell" I might as well give it a go.
So it was a hectic weekend despite my plans to take it easy.

Good things on telly tonight and tomorrow night about Adventure! Looks like they are well worth watching

7 comments:

Journey to a Centum said...

Looks like time well spent! It's good to diversify and try some different sports every now and again.

Take care!

Eric

Rick McKee said...

Right back atcha! Well done in the race, and fair play doing a XC race the next day!! I did all that too, apart from the XC race.

aquaasho said...

Hi Eric, Just caught a quick look at your snow pictures! Wow! It's so mild here!
Hi Rick, hope you like the blogpost at TGU. Couldn't resist a dig at your 'no girl on the team' issue!!!! Great account that you wrote, how do you remember so much, it was all a mountain biking blur to me!

Ellen said...

Wow, (my jaw drops) Where do you get the energy??!! It sounds like very hard work but enjoyable!!!! Well done!!

The Hangar Queen said...

I exhausted myself today just looking for my cycling shoes.Amazing stuff.

Just linked you at mine.I can't believe I'm only doing it now.It's all that apparel hunting.It wears you out.

aquaasho said...

Hey Ellen, it was great fun, the hardest part was being the slow one on the team for the adventure race and always chasing the others!

Hi Devin, cheers for the link! Still have it in mind to do the Marine Corps marathone one day soon!

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for that exact brand. The prices for the shoes were around 320 dollars on every page. But finally I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you tell me about these?