Monday, October 08, 2007

Update!

Haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy.
I'm running slowly and painfully these days which doesn't matter much as I'm not training for anything. Be nice to be running better for the cross country season but I know I didn't rest up enough after my last big running events and I'm feeling the effects of it now. It's hard not to run at all, but that's probably what I should do for a week or two. Can't bring myself to do that though.

I'm doing Pilates on Monday mornings. Not finding that much use, but it's getting better.

The kids are getting on great at school, well the little boy is getting into litle bits of trouble but I think he'll settle down soon. He's not used to so much structure, sitting down all day etc. Grace is at Traffic school today! Not sure if that's what it's called but basically she's getting a driving lesson even though she's a year away from even getting a licence. The young girl is running in lots of cross countries and reall enjoying it.

Had a great time at the For Nine Pounds party! You can read all about it over there. It was my first time meeting the gang of bloggers and it was so much fun, I really need to get out more, I actually enjoyed myself.

Still having trouble with noisy neighbours in the holiday home in Wexford so will be avoiding that for a while.

The two girls and I are going on a shopping trip to Cheshire Oaks at the end of November. It'll involve an overnight stay in a hotel and the boat trip so should be good for bonding!

9 comments:

fatmammycat said...

Your poor legs, they must be exhausted. Probably is the best thing to give them a little break. Good news about the childen though and the trip sounds like it will be a hoot.

Ellen said...

Oh you poor thing. Hope your legs are better soon.

Enjoy your trip to Cheshire Oaks in November. I've been there and enjoyed it. You deserve the trip.

aquaasho said...

Cheers you two!

Midget Wrangler said...

We haven't been to Cheshire Oaks in about six years, but we loved it when we went...got some realy cute kids clothes! The gettogether was great, it was lovely to meet you, we should meet for a coffee one morning, Dundrum is kinda between us both? The little guy will settle down, it's difficult getting used to routine. You should send some really noisy people down to Wexford to freak out and out noise your neighbours!

Mick said...

Hello stranger. Do bloggs always slow down in autumn? A bit like our legs I think. I did my first race since the Jungfrau on Sunday (14th) and pulled a calf muscle. Wouldn't mind so much but I'd done all the hills and was coming out onto flat finishing stretch. Thank god that didn't happen in the Jungfrau is all I can say. Mind you I've got the OMM in 8 days time so it's going to be close cut. That thing about recovery foods was carbs and protein at a ratio of 4:1. Ideally in first 20 mins but definitely in first couple of hours. It works a treat for me. The Sports in Science (SIS) REGO recovery drink seems to do the trick.

Nice Jonathan Wyatt and Paula Radcliffe photos. Would love to see Paula have a crack at the Jungfrau.

Glad life is keeping you busy.

Take care,

Mick

aquaasho said...

Hey MW we'll definitely have to do the Starbucks thing in Dundrum. I will drop you a mail! Thanks for the advice.

Hey Mick, yeah things have slowed on the blogging front. It's good to hear from you. The OMM sounds great, it's definitely one for every mountain runner to do. Hope the calf heals quickly, that sounds serious though! Thanks for the advice on the carbs/ protein thing.

Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Some text from your blog was used in a BBC3 drama pilot called "The things I haven't told you".

Timestamp 0:52:05.640.

They seem to have chopped and selected it a bit, it appears as so:

"Haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy... And a little strange.

I could write in very boring detail just exactly what I've been doing - moment by moment - got up, opened my eyes, ate breakfast.. But none of the day by day stuff feels very relevant... And the big stuff, well, I wouldn't even know where to start. Whether I want to start.

Had a great time at the For Nine Pounds party! You can read all about it over there. It was my first time meeting the gang of bloggers and it was so much fun, I really need to get out more, I actually enjoyed myself."

and then some more stuff relevant to the show.

The main character's name is Aisling Hunter, so I guess they googled for Aisling blog or something!

Just thought you might like to know.

aquaasho said...

It is good to know and thanks. It's more than a little spooky. Who are you though, I'd love to know? I'm guessing you'd have to be involved to spot a connection?

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks