Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Goals for 2007

Looking back over 2006 it was a very successful year for me in the 3 main areas: personal, running , job.

Personally I'm essentially a very happy person and that doesn't ever change much. It was a good year for getting my Dad sorted as he is now well cared for, clean and safe. It is still upsetting seeing him disoriented or confused or agitated but the main thing is that he is well looked after, well fed, clean, has company and is minded by caring professionals.

Running wise, it was a great year. I won the Trail Blanch Font Romeu 32k event. I won the Connemara Ultra. I came 2nd in the Scottish National 50k. I won the Leinster Mountain Running Championship for the second year and the Mountain Running Winter League earlier in the year. I completed the North Face Ultra Trail du Tour du Mont Blanc.

Jobwise: I've had a good year but am intending a big move!

For 2007 in reverse order:

Job: Hopefully the big move happens soon!

Running: After Font Romeu this year and Connemara Ultra again, I might consider the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k depending on when it is run. It might occur too close to Connemara though. after that I'm hoping to train for a good fast marathon in the Autumn.

Personal: This will hopefully tie in with the big move mentioned above which I will blog about when it becomes public knowlege. Probably later this week.

No comments: