Thursday, November 30, 2006

Update on My Blogging




Reasons for starting this blog were mostly about recording experiences to do with family and running. It kind of came to a halt when I had trouble posting photos from the PC at home. Was trying to upload photos from Ben and Sue's wedding in Jamaica, which was out of this world brilliant, but it wouldn't work. I've since set up a Flickr account and the next step on my journey into techy world is to link to that instead. I'll hopefully find out what the problem is and start adding some photos to my blog again (no problem with the first few posts?).

Grace's birthday is coming up next week and she still doesn't know what she wants and I have no idea either. She's admitted she has everything?? It's the same every year because it's so close to Christmas. Think I know what I'm getting Tony, he's easily pleased (no jokes about who he married, thank you!)

Running wise we're back doing long runs again; did about 16 miles in Wexford on Sunday. It took forever cos of the wind. Did the Wednesday night hill run with the lads, Liam, Gary, Eug and Tony and the girls from Clonliffe have started coming too; this week we had Bronagh, Fionnuala and Karen. We had a real laugh last night as we told stories about the man in the creepy derelict house (who was there in the garden in the dark in his wellies!!!) and Liam shared his theories again on the CIA house!! It's such a lovely scenic route and so close to Tallaght and it's great fun running in the dark.

Recent running experiences have included the Dublin Senior Cross Country and the Powerscourt Ridge mountain run. The wind on top of Djouce was incredible, I couldn't move! I was down on the ground holding onto rocks waiting for the wind to abate but it never did. But it's one of the most enjoyable routes I've done. Sundays run will be in the same area, probably Crone to Lough Tay.

We're having a meeting in my house next week to go through things for the Snow Race. Packing for it will be the most difficult part!! Above is a photo of Tony in last years race.....I haven't figured out yet how to position the picture where I want it. When I have my Flickr sorted I will load pictures that Tony took at the Dublin Senior Cross Country.


Bye for now..............

No comments: