Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ultra Trail Tour du Mont Blanc 2007


Tony is, at this very moment, doing the Ultra Trial Tour du Mont Blanc. I'm getting SMS alerts sent to my phone as he passes through the various stages. But you can also follow the runners on line. Last year myself and Tony finished together in 43 hours.


Basically it's 160km through the Alps, through countries, around Mont Blanc. It's billed as the toughest foot race in Europe and it really is hard. The mental torture involved in just keeping going is incredible, never mind the state of your legs. Anyway he's doing great so far and I've been updating our Ultrarunners blog too as well as Team Geared Up.


I wish I was there.


Worrying about someone doing it is worse than doing it!! Well not quite but you know what I mean. Our account of the event last year is here.

4 comments:

Mick said...

Well done to Tony. Awesome effort.

aquaasho said...

Thanks Mick!

robinb said...

good stuff!

and good luck to yourself next week in Switzerland!

aquaasho said...

Thanks Robin. The problem now is; which trip to Switzerland?