Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Week


Things that are happening/ have happened this week:

1. Monday: the usual trip to Naas to see my Dad. He's looking very thin, it's still upsetting seeing him in there even though it's a super place. Monday was also spent entering two teams for the adventure race in April. 6 of us are in and we have to find two more.

2. Tuesday: Running with the club in Clonliffe: found my way out to Santry on my own!

3. Wednesday:Running last night in the freezing cold and spitting snow. It was great, there was only 4 of us so the pace was relaxed, good for me cos I'm racing Sunday.

4. Thursday: Gang arrived to do our front garden: they're pavers not landscapers but I'm so looking forward to having it done. Garden has looked like crap for years. Have to go shopping this evening for various birthday/ confirmation presents.

5. Friday: Heading to Wexford after work. Probably meet up with Brendan and Kay to wish her a Happy 40th birthday.

6. Saturday: Intend to relax in Wex. Who knows?

7. Sunday: Racing in the National Masters Cross Country in Santry. Hope it goes well, I'm only back running after France and this week has been tough enough.

I'm back cycling/ running in and out of work which feels great even if it is crap running in a city centre. At least when I get home that's my running done on those days. Eugene mentioned last night the possibility of me running in Jungfrau in the World Long Distance Uphill. Sounds brill! I would love to go. It would probably mean I wouldn't be travelling to Mont Blanc with Tony and the lads but it sounds like a great one to do. Must get in touch with whoever is involved there.

Haven't seen any news lately and if it wasn't for other bloggers I wouldn't have a clue what's going on in the world! Oh and Hope has the chicken pox!
The picture above has very little to do with this blogpost other than it's roughly the area we were running in last night and I find that blogposts often look incomplete without a photo!

No comments: